Steps to Texting for Follow up
- Set up your Google account and then Google Voice account.
- You can text only from the web browser if desired. If so, move to step #5.
- Install the app (if desired, Google Voice can also be reached using a browser on your smart phone).
- Lock your phone with a password. Download a locking app and lock the app as well. (Android devices, App Lock is free. Apple Devices, Applocker is the only one I could find- .99)
- Watch the Video on Texting using Google Voice. Text conversations must be printed and attached to the chart, so be sure to take note of how your charting will change.
- Take the texting training survey; click here.
- Read this PDF to get some more helpful tips on Caring for your Clients Using Texting. This addresses some common struggles with texting and how we can better serve our clients with texting.
Texting Addendum – Follow up Sheet for Chart (Word Document)
Setting up your Google account:
Setting up your Google Voice Account
Using your Google Voice Account when texting for follow up:
Tips for Texting Video: Password is Texting