AmazonSmile: Does It Work?
Each year, we post something about AmazonSmile. That's the program in which Amazon will give 0.05% of a purchase to the charity of your choosing. So here's the question: Does it really work? Does it really matter?
So far in 2019, the Pregnancy Clinic has received $907.23 from AmazonSmile. Since we linked up with them in 2014, we have received over $4000.
That's just in purchases that you and I are making, every day.
It takes a moment to link AmazonSmile with your Amazon account, but after that most purchases you make on Amazon will benefit the Ministry.
To shop AmazonSmile on your computer:
- Go to https://smile.amazon.com/ and login to your Amazon account.
- Search for and select Bowie Crofton Pregnancy Center as the charity you wish to support.
- Have fun shopping!
Remember to shop through the AmazonSmile portal. Your computer will probably keep you logged in, but you need to see the Amazon Smile logo at the top left for it to work.
Shopping from the app on your phone?? Here's how to connect Smile to the ease of an app (my preferred method):
- On your phone, go to https://smile.amazon.com/ and login.
- Click the menu bar on the left side and scroll down to "Your AmazonSmile", and search for Bowie Crofton Pregnancy Center. Select it.
- On your phone's menu bar (at the bottom on Apple, upper right on Android), choose "Add to Home Page". An app-like link appears on your homepage that looks exactly like the old one! Voila!
Email Sharon at the office if you have any difficulties. Happy shopping!