Is God calling you to serve in this ministry? The Pregnancy Clinic has an opening for a full-time position of Director of Development. We are seeking an experienced professional with a degree in Management, Leadership, Business or Communications with 3 or more years of progressive experience in donor development, major gifts, and special events. Detail oriented, self-starter, exceptional written and verbal skills. Must be in agreement with our statement of Mission, Vision, Values and Christian code of conduct. For inquiries, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. For a detailed job description, see below. Due to the busyness and importance of caring for our clients, we would ask for no phone calls.
Click here for a printable version of the job description.
Director of Development
The Director of Development demonstrates a passion and enthusiasm for the mission of the Pregnancy Clinic Ministry. This full time position provides strategic and operational leadership which manages donor development and relationships, special events and identifies resources to sustain and grow the mission.
The Director of Development serves on the leadership team and reports directly to the CEO.
- Must demonstrate a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and exhibit spiritual maturity
- Is in agreement with the mission, vision and values and Christian Conduct of the ministry and agrees to uphold them in word and deed
- BS/BA in English, Communications, Business Administration, or related field required
- Three or more years of progressive experience in a development program in areas of stewardship, donor relations, major gifts and management of special events
- Demonstrated understanding of the importance of donor relations and stewardship to build a successful development program.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish measurable goals and objectives and implement strategies for success
- Ability to maintain high degree of confidentiality and responsibility regarding information related to donor/partners and the Pregnancy Clinic ministry
- Attendance at the next volunteer training and completion of internship
- Adept at building collaborative relationships within outside individuals and organizations
- Comfortable and competent with the use of social media to engage partners
- Ability to work and carry out responsibilities with little or no supervision
- High level of organizational ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge, experience and competency with development software
- Team player and have the ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Willingness to pursue and attend ongoing training opportunities
- Ability to lift material weighing up to 30 pounds and walk up a flight of stairs within our Annapolis office
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop a detailed annual development plan and budget with the CEO, with responsibility to implement
- Prepare monthly donor thank you letters in conjunction with the CEO and with staff insure timely recognition.
- Prepare a monthly development report as well as prospect contact report for the CEO and other reports as requested
- Working with the Director of Outreach and Volunteers, coordinate individual and church information, special events., Baby Bottle campaign and development communication
- Through prospect research, ID potential new donor/partners of individuals, foundations, businesses and corporations
- Maintain accurate donor segmentation records and active plan for stewarding
- Provide support to the CEO in managing donor/partner relationships, maintaining records of information, contacts and meetings
- Create and manage donor/partner recognition including thank you letters, reports, special events, and opportunities for involvement.
- Create stewardship materials, such as the Annual Report, to communicate and demonstrate the ministry impact and effective use of funds
- Assist the Director of Outreach with planning, management and execution of special events that support donor/partner entry, cultivation and engagement including: bi-annual Banquet, annual Walk & Run for Life, Spike for Life and Ride for Life, and others as decided with CEO. This will require occasional night and weekend hours
- Coordinate home events and meetings with board members and donor/partners
- Manage the grant writing process in collaboration with staff and contribute significantly to the writing of grants.
- Maintain comprehensive, detailed and well-organized individual donor files and records. accessible by other staff as needed
- Supervise the maintenance of the database with policies and procedures to ensure checking for accuracy and updating of contact information, gift entry, event attendance and prospect data
- Serve as first-line contact for database questions and support.
- Skilled speaker and Speaker’s bureau participant
- Excellent writing skills to create collateral materials to support development needs such as direct mail pieces and bi-annual donor/partner newsletters
- Assist the CEO in coordinating media and public relations outreach opportunities and messaging and communications
- Assist the Director of Outreach with social media communications